Chocolate chips, peanut butter, cheesecake. Does it get any better than this?
I know the answer to that one…..No.
As I have discussed before, I love chocolate and peanut butter together in a recipe.
When I saw the ingredients of this recipe, I knew it would be a slam dunk in my house.
I was thrilled to find out that it is actually very easy to throw together. This recipe had been on my “to make” list for quite some time. However, with all of the words in the title, I was scared that it would be difficult.
Its not difficult.
And, it is scrumptious beyond words.
- 1 stick butter, unsalted (1/2 cup), softened
- ½ cup white sugar
- ⅓ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt (less if you don’t like salty/sweet)
- ½ cup rolled oats
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- Make the cookie dough:
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Cream the butter, sugars, and peanut butter until smooth and fluffy.
- Add the egg and beat until incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Slowly add the flour mixture in with the butter and sugar, mixing well after each addition.
- Stir in the oats and chocolate chips.
- Make the cheesecake filling:
- Cream the cream cheese, egg, sugar, and vanilla until smooth.
- Press half to two-thirds of the cookie dough in the bottom of a 9-inch square baking dish.
- Pour the cheesecake filling over the dough.
- Crumble the remaining dough and sprinkle over the top, OR roll it into a flat layer and place it over the cheesecake layer. I like the sprinkle option. It makes it pretty and very gooey, which I love.
- Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes; remove foil and bake for another 15-20 minutes, or until tops is lightly browned and cheesecake layer is set.
- Serve warm or cold and store leftover bars in refrigerator.
I found this delightful and sinfully sweet recipe at Pinch of Yum, and I am so glad I did.