I had butterscotch morsels taking up space in my baking cupboard and decided to try out the oatmeal scotchies recipe on the back of the bag.
This is such a great alternative to baking the same old chocolate chip cookie recipe.
Here’s the yummies…
Here’s the recipe….
Oatmeal Scotchies Recipe
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1¼ cups unsifted flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup butter, softened
- ¾ cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups Old-Fashioned Quaker oats
- 1 (11 ounce) package Nestle Toll House butterscotch-flavored morsels (about 2 cups)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Combine flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon in a small bowl; set aside.
- Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract in a large bowl.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture.
- Stir in oats and morsels. Try not to eat all of the dough. 🙂
- Drop by rounded Tablespoonfuls onto an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake 7 to 8 minutes for chewy cookies, 9 to 10 minutes for crisp cookies.
- Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes, remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Leave a Reply