Oh, you guys, do I have a good one for you today. These are soooooo good.
With the perfect blend of peanut butter, chunks of milk chocolate, and oatmeal, these cookies have a unique taste, and are absolutely scrumptious.
The chunks of chocolate rather than chocolate chips, I think make a huge difference.
I used large Hershey milk chocolate bars and chopped them into bite size for pieces for these cookies.
Oatmeal was the perfect addition to add more texture to this decadent delight.
The dough for these cookies is probably the best dough I have ever tasted. And, I’m a bit of a cookie dough expert. 🙂
Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chunk Cookies
Recipe type: Dessert
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup white sugar
- ⅔ cup unpacked brown sugar
- ½ cup smooth peanut butter (chunky is nice too!)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup rolled oats
- 1½ cup chopped milk chocolate (or just chocolate chips)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream together the butter, white sugar and brown sugar until smooth.
- Beat in the peanut butter, vanilla and egg until well blended.
- Combine the flour, baking soda and salt. Stir until just moistened.
- Mix in the oats and chocolate chips until evenly distributed.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls on to lightly greased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven, until the edges start to brown. Cool on cookie sheets for about 5 minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.
You can use chocolate chips instead of chopping a chocolate bar. But, I prefer the chunks of chocolate as opposed to the chips. It adds to the great variety of textures in this cookie.
I found this recipe at Pinch of Yum, and am so glad I did! I made one slight adaptation to their recipe by including only milk chocolate instead of half dark chocolate and half milk chocolate. Both ways, I’m sure are delicious.
Hope you enjoy these finger licking good cookies!
Yummy !! Gosh, when I get home this evening, I’m tempted to make these ! I might need to wait till my weekly sugar day though! 🙂 Thanks for sharing the recipe !
Renee C. says
I am soooo making those. They look totally yummy! Pinned!! 😀
Renee C. recently posted..Book Review: Witch Sticker Ball by RC Scott
I am looking at this recipe again, and I definitely need to make this this weekend. I’m craving them !!
Frugal Foodie in WV says
These look delicious! I love any type of cookie 🙂
Frugal Foodie in WV recently posted..Chewy Granola Bites
Phenomenal Woman says
AAARGH, typical that I find your blog when I’m trying to lose weight! You just know I;m going to be making these this weekend!
Now mouth watering from the TGIF blog hop!
Phenomenal Woman recently posted..TGIF Blog Hop!!