I just made this recipe two nights ago and absolutely love it.
It is so easy, so healthy, and absolutely delicious.
The use of Rotisserie chicken for your chicken pieces, I believe is key. Rotisserie chickens from the grocery store are so moist and flavorful, and make this dish even easier to make. We love that!
I also had never made a recipe utilizing Israeli couscous before, and let me just tell you that I have definitely been missing out. This type of couscous is like a tiny circular piece of pasta, and is also referred to as “pearl” couscous.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups diced onion
- 2 cups diced carrots
- 2 cups diced celery
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⅓ cups Israeli (Pearl) Couscous
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 12 oz (about 3 cups) chopped chicken
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium high heat.
- Add onion, carrots, and celery, season with salt and pepper, and saute for 5-10 minutes until softened and caramelized.
- Add garlic and stir to combine until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add couscous and broth, stir to combine, then cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 8-10 minutes until broth is absorbed.
- Add chicken and stir until heated through.
I found this recipe at Kevin and Amanda, and am so glad I did! 🙂