My sister is in town this weekend, and she suggested that I try a recipe out that she found recently.
The recipe has some of my favorite items including feta cheese, cucumbers, red onions, kalamata olives, and lemon juice.
The mixture of the feta cheese with the lemon juice provided a perfect dressing for this salad. Its so great when you can create a delicious tasting salad that does not need traditional, fatty salad dressing. The feta cheese was more than enough to create a flavor festival in your mouth.
Here’s the easy recipe….
Delicious Cucumber Salad
Author: WHFoods.com, prepared by Mom on the Make
Recipe type: Salad
- ½ medium red onion, sliced thin
- 1 medium clove garlic, chopped
- 1 medium cucumber, halved, seeds removed, and sliced
- 1 medium tomato, cubed
- 1 medium red bell pepper, diced
- 1 TBS feta cheese
- 6 kalamata olives, cut into halves or quarters
- 2 TBS fresh lemon juice
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Chop garlic and slice onions and let sit for 5 minutes for maximum health benefits.
- Combine all ingredients and serve.
My sister found this recipe at WH Foods. I can see this one being on our “heavy rotation” list for sure.
Leave a Reply