The recipe has some of my favorite items including feta cheese, cucumbers, red onions, kalamata olives, and lemon juice.
The mixture of the feta cheese with the lemon juice provided a perfect dressing for this salad. Its so great when you can create a delicious tasting salad that does not need traditional, fatty salad dressing. The feta cheese was more than enough to create a flavor festival in your mouth.
Here’s the easy recipe….
- ½ medium red onion, sliced thin
- 1 medium clove garlic, chopped
- 1 medium cucumber, halved, seeds removed, and sliced
- 1 medium tomato, cubed
- 1 medium red bell pepper, diced
- 1 TBS feta cheese
- 6 kalamata olives, cut into halves or quarters
- 2 TBS fresh lemon juice
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Chop garlic and slice onions and let sit for 5 minutes for maximum health benefits.
- Combine all ingredients and serve.
My sister found this recipe at WH Foods. I can see this one being on our “heavy rotation” list for sure.