This is an all time favorite recipe of my little ones that I am so excited to share with all of my wonderful readers today.
You know when it is your child’s birthday, and they are allowed to bring in a treat to school for the whole class to enjoy?
Well, this is the treat that my kids all request that I bring in to share with their classmates.
My kids always come back from school, and proudly exclaim about how all of their friends want me to give their Moms this recipe.
Yes, it is that good.
And, it is always so nice to get major good Mom points from the little ones.
I just finished making these muffins this afternoon, and my house smells so delicious. Chocolate and banana cooking together is quite the delight for the senses.
The recipe is very simple, and I am about to share this masterpiece with you below.
First, gather the ingredients:
Then, mix the dry ingredients in a large bowl and the wet ingredients in a small bowl.
Mix wet ingredients with dry ingredients just until moistened.
Mash three bananas to create 1 cup of mashed bananas:
Gather 1 cup of chocolate chips:
Fold in the mashed bananas and chocolate chips into the wet/dry ingredient mixture:
Pour dough into lined cupcake tin:
Cook for 22-25 minutes at 350 degrees:
Cool on a wire rack for 10-15 minutes:
Here is the recipe:
Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 cup sugar
1 t baking powder
1 t baking soda
1/2 t salt
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup plain yogurt
1 t vanilla extract
1 cup mashed ripe bananas
1 cup chocolate chips
1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
2. In a small bowl, combine the egg, oil, yogurt and vanilla.
3. Stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients just until moistened.
4. Fold in bananas and chocolate chips.
5. Fill greased or paper lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 22-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
7. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans.
8. Place muffins on wire racks and cool an additional 10-25 minutes.