Yum. I made these cupcakes this past weekend, and everyone was impressed with the unique flavor and presentation.
My brother and his family came to visit so I was motivated to make a special dessert.
I decided to make this one since its been in my Evernote list of “recipes to try” for at least a month.
I’ve never tried making miniature cheesecakes before, but this is a brilliant idea, since cheesecake is so rich. Sometimes its nice to have just a little taste.
I’ve also never made a cheesecake with oreos. I will tell you, this is definitely a great combo.
Here’s the recipe…..
- 42 cream-filled sandwich cookies, such as Oreos, 30 left whole, and 12 coarsely chopped
- 2 pounds cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs, room temperature, lightly beaten
- 1 cup sour cream
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees.
- Line standard muffin tins with paper liners. Place 1 whole cookie in the bottom of each lined cup.
- With an electric mixer on medium high speed, beat cream cheese until smooth, scraping down sides of bowl as needed.
- Gradually add sugar, and beat until combined. Beat in vanilla.
- Drizzle in eggs, a bit at a time, beating to combine and scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Beat in sour cream and salt.
- Stir in chopped cookies by hand.
- Divide batter evenly among cookie-lined cups, filling each almost to the top. Bake, rotating pan halfway through, until filling is set, about 22 minutes.
- Transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
- Refrigerate at least 4 hours (or up to overnight).
- Remove from tins just before serving.
I found this recipe at Live Learn Change and am so glad I did!