One of my most favorite Christmas cookies growing up were the Chocolate Delights that my Mom would whip up every December.
These special cookies were only for Christmas time.
The combination of different textures including corn flakes, candied dates, and pecans create a very unique cookie.
You do not need to turn on the oven for this recipe. They only require a refrigerator, so they are very convenient to make at the same time as your other Christmas cookies. There will not be a line for the oven. 🙂
- 1 lb sweet milk chocolate (Large hershey bars work great)
- 2 squares unsweetened chocolate
- 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts (I always use pecans0
- 1 cup chopped dates (usually found in the produce section on the end displays)
- ¼ t salt
- 5 cups cornflakes
- 3-4 drops of peppermint oil
- Melt chocolate over warm water.
- Add peppermint.
- Combine nuts, dates, salt, and cornflakes. Pour chocolate over and stir until well mixed.
- Drop rounded teaspoonfuls on waxed paper (I use parchment paper) and chill until firm, for about an hour.
Hope your family enjoys these cookies as much as we do. 🙂