I love this recipe so much, I whip it up in my kitchen at least once per month. If you like egg dishes and especially quiche, you are going to LOVE this one.
With the mixture of feta cheese, crimini mushrooms, onions, and spinach, there is a special kick to this quiche that is quite unique.
Spinach, Feta, and Mushroom Quiche
Author: Mom on the Make
- 1 pie crust
- 3 T olive oil
- 8 ounces white or cremini mushrooms, cut into ¼ inch slices (about 2 cups)
- 1 large yellow onion, cut into ¼ inch diced (about 1 cup)
- ½ t salt
- 5 ounces (about 6 packed cups) baby spinach
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup half and half
- freshly ground black pepper
- 7 ounces feta cheese
- Place crust in pie plate and place in freezer for 30 minutes.
- Position a rack in the lower third of the oven and set a rimmed baking sheet on the rack.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet, over medium heat.
- Add the mushrooms, onion and salt.
- Cook, stirring occasionally until the veggies are soft and golden, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add the spinach and stir until it wilts, 2-4 minutes.
- Place the eggs and half and half in a small bowl, season with pepper to taste and whisk to combine.
- Spoon the spinach mixture over the bottom of the chilled pie crust and sprinkle the feta cheese on top.
- Pour the egg mixture into the crust.
- Place the quiche on the baking sheet in the oven and bake it until puffed and golden, 40-50 minutes.
- Remove quiche from the oven and let it cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Cut the quiche into wedges and serve warm or at room temperature.
- SO Delicious!
I found this recipe in my “Food to Live By” Recipe book, by Myra Goodman. This book is the official recipe book of the Earthbound Organic Farms in Carmel Valley.
This is definitely a keeper. Hopefully you love it as much as we do!