I made a pear pie last night. Very yummy and Very easy!
This pie has a layer of custard under the sliced pears.
Almond extract is in the custard, and it complements the pear flavor so well.
I used Bartlett pears, and they were still not quite ripe. I think pear pie is better when the pear is not super soft yet.
When the pears are placed on the custard and cooked in the oven, they become perfectly soft for the pie.
Here’s how to make it:
- 2 (9 inch) unbaked pie crust
- 3 eggs
- ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- ¼ cup melted butter
- 3 pears - peeled, cored and sliced
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C.)
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, flour, sugar, almond extract and melted butter.
- Pour into unbaked pie crust.
- Arrange sliced pears on top of custard.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes, then reduce temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) and bake for 25 to 35 minutes, or until custard is firm.
- Cool completely before serving.
I found this recipe on All Recipes, and I highly recommend it. Enjoy!