Ahhh……Fall is here. This is one of my favorite seasons.
The leaves changing color, the fresh cool bite in the air, the chit chat about what to dress up as for Halloween, pumpkins, hot apple cider, pumpkin lattes, warm chilis…….
Although there are lots and lots of reasons why I love Fall, I am only going to list my top ten in order to control the length of this post.
1. Leaves Changing Color: I am in awe of the bright yellows that emerge on our trees outside. It is almost as if they are painted.
2. I love the pumpkin bread mix at Trader Joe’s! So good and so easy. This is the best bread or cake mix I have ever made. I always throw in some fresh walnuts to the batter, and sometimes chocolate chips.
3. Halloween pedicures are the best! When else during the year can you paint black and orange on your toenails without getting strange looks. I had a pedicure today, as you can see. (I can’t believe I took a photo of my feet) :0
4. My white ceramic Fall pumpkins. I found these last year at Ballard Designs. As soon as I laid my eyes on them, I knew I just had to have them gracing my living room. Luckily, I found them during a huge 40% sale. I will have these gorgeous pumpkins for many years. I put them out in the first week of September, so that I can enjoy them for almost three months. They’re ok for Thanksgiving, don’t you think?
5. Cool crisp air. No more sweltering summer days to be scared of.
6. Watching soccer games. All three of my little ones are on soccer teams, and the games are every Saturday, and so fun to watch.
7. The kids are back in school. Need I say more?
8. Pumpkins and trips to the Pumpkin Patch. (photo of my front porch from last year, hence the carved pumpkins) 🙂
9. Trips to the Apple orchards.
10. Boiling mulling spices in my kitchen and smelling the fall aroma throughout my home.
I LOVE LOVE LOVE your white ceramic pumpkins…AWESOME!
Ginger recently posted..10 Reasons I LOVE Fall…
Melinda (Mom on the Make) says
Thank you so much! 🙂 They’re one of my most favorite home decor items.
Your white ceramic pumpkins are beautiful! I think I would have them out for awhile to enjoy, too! We occasionally go on a pumpkin walk with the kids and grand kids. Your young family will one day look back on all the fun things you did with them with fond memories.
Melinda (Mom on the Make) says
We’re taking our three little ones to the pumpkin patch tomorrow. We’re excited to see all the different colors of pumpkins and the fall decorations. The kids love the big stuffed scarecrows. 🙂
I could very easily agree with almost all of your top favorites, except kids to the pumpkin patch would be changed to grandkids! I also didn’t know about the Pumpkin Bread Mix at Trader Joe’s. We have only been in close proximity to a TJ’s for a bit over a year, but haven’t gone too many times, yet. Now it’s on my list.
Thanks so much for stopping by my blog & commenting on the scarf dyeing. I really want to do that with my 4 oldest “Grands.”
I love taking my kids to the pumpkin patch. We always had such a great time with them. My boys and I go now. I know there’s a Trader Joe’s somewhere. I need to find it now! lol Your pumpkins are awesome. Not sure they’d stay up past Halloween at my house. =)
Mimi recently posted..Top 10 Things I Love About Fall
Nicole Robinson says
I like pumpkins too. We’re heading to Pumpkin Village in a few weeks to take family photos.
Nicole Robinson recently posted..How to Visit Chuck E. Cheese in 30 Minutes Flat