I just love the taste of freshly cooked chicken fried rice, especially at Benihana’s.
I never thought that I could create anything close at home until I found the recipe below.
It really is delicious, and it really is something the whole family will enjoy.
The slightly crunchy rice mixed with the fresh spring onions, mushrooms, and scrambled eggs is a tasty treat.
This is a meal that I crave about every other week. I used brown rice instead of white rice, but either one is great. I was just in a healthier mood today, so opted for the brown rice bags from Trader Joe’s.
- 2 cups uncooked white rice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cubed
- salt to taste
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ¾ cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce, or to taste
- In a saucepan bring 4 cups water to a boil. Add rice and stir. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Heat butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Brown chicken in butter and season with salt to taste. Set chicken aside.
- Transfer cooked rice to the skillet in which the chicken was cooked, stirring to brown.
- In a separate skillet, scramble eggs.
- To the rice add chicken, mushrooms, green onions, eggs and soy sauce to taste.