As the leaves are starting to fall, and a there is a slight chill in the air, I can feel that we are on the cusp of Fall.
I love this time of year.
For dinners, I always start to think of the Crock Pot as the seasons change. I love throwing the ingredients in the crock pot in the morning, and smelling the dinner all day as it slow cooks and warms the house.
My family of five just enjoyed a very creamy and delicious crock pot dinner tonight to break it in for the Fall.
This is such an easy recipe with just a handful of ingredients. The zesty italian dressing mix really spices up the chicken and the cream cheese block that is added in with an hour left of cooking, gives the dish its signature creaminess.
Here’s how to make it…..
- 3-4 chicken breasts
- ½ stick of butter
- 1 package dry zesty italian dressing mix
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- ½ cup water
- 1 cream cheese block
- Spray the crock pot with cooking spray.
- Place chicken breasts into pot.
- Mix the zesty italian dressing mix into ½ cup water.
- Pour dressing mix onto chicken.
- Pour cream of chicken soup over dressing.
- Place ½ stick butter on top of chicken soup.
- Cook on low for 3 hours.
- Lift crock pot lid and shred chicken with two forks.
- Add in block of cream cheese and cook for additional 1½ hours.
A big thank you to Aimee from Its Overflowing for this amazing recipe to add to my crock pot favorites. This is definitely a keeper. Bam-Bam was especially crazy about this one. As he was scarfing this down, he kept saying “Mom, this is Awesome!”. Puts a smile on my face. 🙂