Oh, you guys, do I have a good one for you today. These are soooooo good.
With the perfect blend of peanut butter, chunks of milk chocolate, and oatmeal, these cookies have a unique taste, and are absolutely scrumptious.
The chunks of chocolate rather than chocolate chips, I think make a huge difference.
I used large Hershey milk chocolate bars and chopped them into bite size for pieces for these cookies.
Oatmeal was the perfect addition to add more texture to this decadent delight.
The dough for these cookies is probably the best dough I have ever tasted. And, I’m a bit of a cookie dough expert. 🙂
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup white sugar
- ⅔ cup unpacked brown sugar
- ½ cup smooth peanut butter (chunky is nice too!)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup rolled oats
- 1½ cup chopped milk chocolate (or just chocolate chips)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream together the butter, white sugar and brown sugar until smooth.
- Beat in the peanut butter, vanilla and egg until well blended.
- Combine the flour, baking soda and salt. Stir until just moistened.
- Mix in the oats and chocolate chips until evenly distributed.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls on to lightly greased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven, until the edges start to brown. Cool on cookie sheets for about 5 minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.
I found this recipe at Pinch of Yum, and am so glad I did! I made one slight adaptation to their recipe by including only milk chocolate instead of half dark chocolate and half milk chocolate. Both ways, I’m sure are delicious.
Hope you enjoy these finger licking good cookies!