My 11 year old had dinner at a friend’s house last night and came home saying that I needed to find out the recipe for the meal her friend’s Mom made STAT!
I’m sure some of you have noticed this too ……….kids are more excited about meals prepared at their friends’ houses. Even if the meal is the exact same, something about the ambiance of a friend’s home just makes it better.
Luckily, this time, the recipe was simple and healthy.
This is a such a basic dinner, but for some reason, its easy to forget the basic dinner ideas. This is why this meal is being recorded forever more in the MOTM archives, so I can access the idea electronically rather than store in my brain.
Here’s the dets……
The final product. All three of mine (ages 11, 9 and 5) loved this! Sometimes the very simple is best.
- 1½ pounds chicken breast
- bunch of fresh broccoli
- 1 green pepper
- 1 red pepper
- 1 bottle of teriyaki sauce
- 1 cup of uncooked rice (brown or white)
- Olive Oil
- Use olive oil to stir fry chicken breast. Cut up into pieces and cook until browned.
- Chop up peppers and broccoli and stir fry in olive oil.
- Once veggies have started to soften, throw cooked chicken back in with teriyaki sauce and saute together.
- Serve mixture over freshly prepared rice.