Warm Chili and Delicious Homemade Corn Bread!
I wrote about how much I love Earthbound Organic Farm’s Foggy Day Chili recipe a few months ago. I decided to whip up this chili for the fam tonight.
When I feel like something warm for a chilly night, this recipe always comes to mind. Tonight, I shredded the cheddar cheese for the topping, and it really made a difference. I think I’m done with buying already shredded cheese. It just does not compare to freshly shredded cheddar cheese, as I recently mentioned when discussing my chicken tortilla casserole recipe.
This chili has very simple ingredients including ground beef or turkey, onion, garlic, pinto beans, black beans, diced tomatoes, cumin, oregano, and chili powder.
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- ⅔ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup Albers Yellow Corn Meal
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1¼ cup milk
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 3 T butter or margarine melted
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease 8-inch square baking pan.
- Combine flour, sugar, corn meal, baking powder and salt in medium bowl.
- Combine milk, eggs, vegetable oil and butter in small bowl; mix well.
- Add milk mixture to flour mixture; stir just until blended.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Serve warm.