Although there are lots and lots of reasons why I love Fall, I am only going to list my top ten in order to control the length of this post.
1. Leaves Changing Color: I am in awe of the bright yellows that emerge on our trees outside. It is almost as if they are painted.
2. I love the pumpkin bread mix at Trader Joe’s! So good and so easy. This is the best bread or cake mix I have ever made. I always throw in some fresh walnuts to the batter, and sometimes chocolate chips.
3. Halloween pedicures are the best! When else during the year can you paint black and orange on your toenails without getting strange looks. I had a pedicure today, as you can see. (I can’t believe I took a photo of my feet) :0
4. My white ceramic Fall pumpkins. I found these last year at Ballard Designs. As soon as I laid my eyes on them, I knew I just had to have them gracing my living room. Luckily, I found them during a huge 40% sale. I will have these gorgeous pumpkins for many years. I put them out in the first week of September, so that I can enjoy them for almost three months. They’re ok for Thanksgiving, don’t you think?
5. Cool crisp air. No more sweltering summer days to be scared of.
6. Watching soccer games. All three of my little ones are on soccer teams, and the games are every Saturday, and so fun to watch.
7. The kids are back in school. Need I say more?
8. Pumpkins and trips to the Pumpkin Patch. (photo of my front porch from last year, hence the carved pumpkins) 🙂
9. Trips to the Apple orchards.
10. Boiling mulling spices in my kitchen and smelling the fall aroma throughout my home.