Ok, let me start by saying, these are by far the BEST peanut butter cookies I have ever tasted in my life. By a long shot.
The reason these cookies are better is because they use honey roasted peanuts rather than regular peanuts.
Also, I made homemade peanut butter, rather than store bought. Homemade peanut butter sounds tricky, but it is the easiest thing in the world.
I’m so glad I didn’t shy away from trying the homemade peanut butter, because it really just takes a few minutes with a Vitamix or another food processor.
Here are the steps to these decadent cookies:
I have to send a huge Thank you to Amanda at Kevin and Amanda for this recipe. These truly are unique cookies and I’m so glad I stumbled upon this recipe.
I hope you enjoy these as much as my family. :)
Here is the recipe for print out:
- 1 16oz jar of honey roasted peanuts
- ½ cup butter (1 stick)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1T vanilla
- 2½ cups flour
- 1t baking soda
- 1t baking powder
- ½t salt
- For topping:
- ½ cup sugar and dash of cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Add the peanuts to a Vitamix or other food processor and blend until smooth. Add salt if desired.
- Beat butter, sugars and homemade peanut butter for several minutes on medium-high speed until smooth.
- Add eggs and vanilla and mix on medium for 2 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to dough and mix on low speed until combined.
- Using medium cookie scoop, scoop out dough and roll into ball. Then roll the ball into the sugar/cinnamon mix.
- Use Meat Tenderizer to make a decoration on the top of each cookie and flatten.
- Place in oven and cook on 350 degrees for 10 minutes until the edges are golden.