Tonight, Imagineer and I put together this “Easy Mexican Casserole” recipe we found on AllRecipes. This is definitely a winner. Here’s the details…..
Easy Mexican Casserole
Author: AllRecipes, slightly modified by MOTM
Recipe type: Dinner
- 1 pound lean ground beef or ground turkey
- 2 cups fresh salsa
- 1 (16 ounce) can chili beans, drained
- 3 cups tortilla chips, crushed
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 (2 ounce) can sliced black olives, drained
- ½ cup chopped green onion
- 1 cup chopped fresh tomato
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese (we used a block and cheddar and shred it - its so much better fresh)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook ground beef or turkey until no longer pink.
- Stir in salsa, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes, or until liquid is absorbed.
- Stir in beans, and heat through.
- Spray a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Spread crushed tortilla chips in dish, and then spoon beef/turkey mixture over chips. Spread sour cream over beef/turkey, and sprinkle olives, green onion, and tomato over the sour cream.
- Top with Cheddar cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until hot and bubbly.
Leave a Reply