Ok, you guys, I have a really easy chicken recipe today that you can use as a base for all sorts of chicken dishes.
I love the taste of homemade breaded chicken.
You know, the kind where you dip the chicken breast manually into flour, then egg, then italian bread crumbs, then you bake it in the oven for awhile until the perfect crispiness is achieved. The taste comes out quite different than my frozen breaded chicken breasts from Trader Joe’s.
And, that’s saying something.
Because we love our Trader Joe’s frozen breaded chicken a lot. However, the homemade stuff is just better, as per usual.
With this easy homemade recipe, you can easily make it into chicken parmesan by adding mozzarella cheese on top with marinara sauce. You can eat it with a side dish of brown rice and veggies. Or with biscuits and gravy. The options are endless.
When I made this recipe a few days ago, we enjoyed it with brown rice and carrots.
The key to the flavor of this dish is the addition of a 1/2 cup of canola oil at the bottom of the pan. It makes the chicken taste not just breaded, but borderline fried. Think a healthier version of fried chicken. Really good.
- 5 Chicken Breasts
- Canola or Vegetable Oil
- All purpose flour
- Italian bread crumbs
- 3 eggs
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Pour ½ cup of canola oil into 13x9 baking dish.
- Set up three bowls with flour, 3 eggs, Italian Bread crumbs.
- Blend the eggs together.
- With tongs, place first chicken breast in flour and roll around until covered.
- Then place in eggs until covered.
- Finally, place the chicken breast in the bread crumbs and roll around until fully covered.
- Repeat with each chicken breast.
- Place the chicken breasts into prepared baking dish.
- Cook in oven for 50 minutes. Remember to set a timer for 25 minutes to turn the breast over, then cook for remaining 25 minutes.
This is a recipe that I always forget about. Its so easy, and I should utilize this more. Hopefully this triggers some ideas for you and your menu plans.