I love this pumpkin soup.
The soup is so creamy and very easy to whip up. The pumpkin mixed with heavy whipping cream, ginger and cinnamon is a perfect flavor combination.
My favorite way to serve this gem is with lots of fresh ground pepper on top.
- 2 cups chopped onion
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 4 (14.5 oz) cans chicken broth
- 2 (15 oz) cans pumpkin puree
- 2 t sea salt
- ½ t ground cinnamon
- ½ t ground ginger
- ¼ t ground pepper
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- Saute onion in butter in a medium saucepan until tender.
- Add cans of chicken broth and , pumpkin, salt, ground cinnamon, ground ginger, and ground pepper, stir well.
- Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heate, and simmer 10 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Stir in whipping cream and heat through.
- Do not boil.
- Ladle into individual soup bowls.
Enjoy. This is a keeper, for sure.