I love snickerdoodles.
And, I really enjoy it when I find a version of snickerdoodles that is just a little better than the last recipe I was using.
Tonight, Bam Bam really wanted homemade cookies, and the only cookie I could make with our ingredients on hand was snickerdoodles.
LOVE snickerdoodle dough……
And I really love rolling the dough in cinnamon and sugar……
Walnut size dough balls all ready to go in the oven…..
Out of the oven and cooling……
Bowl full of goodness…….
Here’s the recipe…..
- 1 cup shortening
- 1½ cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the shortening and 1½ cups sugar.
- Stir in the eggs.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda, cream of tartar, and salt over the bowl.
- Stir sifted ingredients into the creamed mixture until well blended.
- In a small bowl, stir together the 2 tablespoons of sugar, and the cinnamon.
- Roll dough into walnut sized balls, then roll the balls in the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Place them onto a parchment paper lined cookie sheet, two inches apart.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven.
- Edges should be slightly brown.
- Remove from sheets to cool on wire racks.